Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sonoma Diet day four

Well, the reunion last night wasn't bad, food-wise. They had a yummy selection of fresh fruits, grilled vegetables, caesar salad, pesto lasagna (which I did not have), roasted red potatoes (which I also didn't have, aren't you proud of me?), a yummy chicken breast with an artichoke and sundried tomato topping and tri-tip. Overall, quite healthy! I did have one tiny piece of bread with butter on it, and I did have three tiny (literally--a mouthful) cupcakes for dessert. I know, I should have skipped dessert, but I forgive myself.

Today, I had my egg and a piece of locally made, multi-grain, high fiber toast. Lunch was the steak and blue cheese wraps from the Sonoma Diet book: whole wheat tortilla, leftover tri-tip from the other night, blue cheese, romaine lettuce (I think that's all...supposed to put bell peppers on, but ew). Quite tasty and decadent! Tonight is Mediterranean Pork Chops, broccoli with almonds and hot pepper (the chili flakes) and toasted quinoa pilaf. I'm not big on pork chops, but these are pretty good, and I like the quinoa pilaf a lot. If you don't know what that is, quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is a tiny spherical grain. It has good flavor and is fun to eat! Highly recommended on this diet.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

ETA: I didn't like the broccoli. I'm starting to think the only thing I like on it is cheese! The pork chops were good, and so was the quinoa. The book said to put bell peppers in, but that's gross, so we used mushrooms.

No comments: