Friday, February 13, 2009

Official Weigh-in

Well, I lost one pound this week. I am beginning to feel discouraged...I feel like I don't eat that much and I'm pretty active, but I guess I'm still eating too much fat and carbs, not enough veggies and not enough exercise. I'm losing momentum and it's hard to stay on track. I need to go to a fat farm (or The Biggest Loser), where other people control my diet and exercise so I don't have to make decisions for myself! Since that's not an option, I guess I just need to buck up.

We found some vegan "chicken patties" at the grocery outlet and tried them today. Low fat, low carb, decent protein. They weren't bad!

4 comments:

Patrick'sSlew said...

Please don't be discouraged. Think about were you would be if you had not started this journey. Are you sure you are getting enough food? Not eating enough can impede your weight loss as well. As for me I'm eating anything that is not nailed down this week. Went a little overboard celebrating the 30 weight loss. We will see what the scale says about that tomorrow. If you ever get discouraged please email me aviatordog@aol.com I can usually drum up some inspiring websites, recipes or sayings. Please think long term and stick with it. Remember you are an inspiration to others.

Carla

Anonymous said...

Lucky for you... You get to work our horses for the week that we are gone.. That should help! At least you are going down and not up!

Jennifer Walker said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm sure I'll get through this, and I'll have a big week (maybe next week when I'm working Allyssa's horses!) and I'll feel all motivated again.

Patrick'sSlew said...

I think it's the weather. The scale didn't budge for me either. Then again maybe it was those Reese's PB's I dug into this week;-) Keep it up better to go slowly down or stay the same then watch the scale go upward!