Monday, August 15, 2011

Dusting off the diet blog

Wow...it's been just over a year since I posted here! It's been a bad one, diet-wise. I left my physically demanding job, stopped exercising, and went back to my old, bad eating habits. Sigh. I gained back almost all the weight I'd lost. Very upsetting! I've been very busy with work and stressed out and unable to deal with it, but now I've kind of gotten a grip and I'm ready...and Greg even suggested going back to our old favorite way of eating, The Sonoma Diet. We bought a few things to get us going and will start tomorrow. Hurray! We're supposed to keep a food/cravings/feelings/etc journal, so I'm going to use this blog for that.

The first ten days is the hardest, of course. No sweets, not even low-cal sweetener. Smaller portions. Fewer grains. Smaller lists of foods to choose from. However, there are a lot of great foods to eat, and really yummy recipes. We got a copy of the NEW Sonoma Diet book, and it's been simplified and updated for a busy lifestyle. We're looking forward to trying this new version!

Basically, it's just good, healthy eating. Lean proteins, high-quality whole grains, and lots of vegetables, and portion control. It's not a fad, it's not fast, but it's delicious and sensible and it does work. Here's to health!

No comments: