Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fit in exercise where you can

A common excuse for not exercising is, "I don't have the time!" However, you do not have to lump all of your exercise together in one sitting. A few minutes here and there throughout the day will add up! When I was working in an office, I used to sneak into the bathroom when no one was around and do releves. Today, I took my mom and dog for a walk, about 24 minutes but it flew by.

Then, I was driving to the barn (25-30 minutes each way) and I thought about what I could do in the car. This sounds silly (and I'm sure it looked silly, too), but I had both hands on the wheel and I started flapping my elbows in time to the music. After a song, my arms were tired! Hey, it's calories burned. I also did some curls--no weight of course because I was driving, but I focused on flexing the bicep and did 60 reps on each arm and then reversed it, focusing on the tricep while I straightened the arm, then bent it again. Not the same as working with weights, but at lease I burned some calories while I drove, and my arms definitely need slimming down.

I'm going to try to work in little bits here and there--a few leg lifts in my chair, belly dance while I wait for the shower to heat up, etc. I can do this! Tomorrow, I weigh in. Of course, it's 12:05 so it's already tomorrow...

No comments: